Reservation Request

Reservation Request

Please fill out this form to request a reservation. Fields marked with ( * ) are required.
  • Name * Required
  • Not Employee Number
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • :
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • :
  • See the Rates by Size Class table at the end of this page
  • Handicap Accessible Vehicle Request * Required
  • Accept Terms and Conditions * Required

    When operating university-owned, leased or rented vehicles, employees of NC State are required to adhere to the procedures adopted by the North Carolina Department of Administration, Division of Motor Fleet Management. Based on Motor Fleet Management Regulations, State-owned vehicles may only be driven by State employees and used for official State business. State employees are defined as individuals working for the State of North Carolina, as applicable to their respective institutional employers, for wages and salary. Employees must receive a University payroll check in order to be considered an employee.

    Employees of other State agencies, receiving a payroll check from their assigned agency, may drive NC State vehicles. The State employee must have a responsible NC State employee reserve or assign the vehicle and oversee the vehicle operation.

    Students employed by the University who receive a salary or a payroll check may drive State vehicles while performing duties within the scope of the job for which they are being paid. Students, such as those on scholarship or fellowship, who are not employed by the University, are not allowed to drive State vehicles.

    Federal employees working with the University, such as USDA, USDI, USAF, USN, must make requests for federal vehicles from the Federal Motor Pool located in Raleigh. If a federal vehicle is not immediately available, then a federal employee contracted to do State business is allowed to drive a State vehicle until a Federal Motor Pool vehicle is available.

    Visiting lecturers, scholars, scientists, and professors with or without appointments, as well as adjunct and emeritus professors may drive State vehicles only if they are currently employed by the University and receive a University payroll check.

    Volunteers, persons working for the University, but not receiving a payroll check, may not drive State vehicles according to Motor Fleet Management Regulations.

    All operators of NC State vehicles must complete appropriate training and hold a valid North Carolina driver’s license with fewer than six points.

    If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please visit the Insurance & Risk Management website at, contact us by at email at, or by phone at extension 5- 6135.

    See full Terms and Conditions (PDF).

** Cancellation fee may apply if 24 hour notice is not given **